City Council Accomplishments
• Chaired the Legislative, Finance, and Audit Committees.
• Initiated a State Performance Audit to improve our city operations which identified a potential savings of over $460,000 (7.8% of the city budget). Benefits also include improved administration and service delivery to residents. We are currently implementing most of these recommendations.
• Improved tax collections by moving to RITA and hiring a full-time employee who collects nearly $2 for every $1 in costs.
• Introduced and passed a City Charter change to improve internal city organization and operations.
• Co-chaired the 2013 Charter Review Committee which identified and proposed needed updates to our City Charter.
• Spearheaded a Revitalization District to support current businesses and to attract new businesses to Chardon.
• Reduced red tape and fees through common sense changes to our Planning & Zoning code.
• Construction of a new city service garage and storage complex which will serve Chardon now and long into its future.
• Hired a new City Manager and three new department heads who are aligned with City Council in providing our city superior services, keeping our city fiscally sound, efficiently run, and poised for healthy economic growth.
Future Plans for Our District
• Continue economic development efforts to support current businesses, attract new businesses, and provide more jobs and a stable tax base for our city services and public schools.
• Maintain and improve our city streets and infrastructure. Improve and install sidewalks to provide better access to the surrounding community.
• Keep our budget as low as possible and our finances in a healthy state.
• Provide superior police protection for our businesses, neighborhoods, and schools.
• Support parks and recreation for our community that will continue to provide a great quality of life.
• Foster partnerships with local community invested organizations that give added value to our community.
Personal & Professional Information
•Currently serving 5th year on Chardon City Council
•Resident for 18 years. Married for 34 years to Michael McArthur, mother to Kelley McArthur Bodwell (graduate of CHS 2009 and OU 2013) and Keenan McArthur, a Junior at CHS and proud marching band member.
• BA in Communications from Cleveland State University.
• Over 25 years of professional business experience in marketing, sales, human resources, legal, and financial services.
• Small Business Relationship Manager at KeyBank in Chardon.
• Member of Chardon Tomorrow, Chardon Square Association, Geauga Lyric Theater Guild, Chardon Chamber of Commerce, and Red Key Network.
• Served on the Planning Commission for 5 years
• Parent Committee member and volunteer for Boy Scout Troop 93.
*Background photo provided by: http://www.clueintocleveland.com